The old Barracks Cahersiveen now open for visitors
The old Barracks in Cahersiveen is now open to the public after being successully refurbished by Evans and Kelliher Construction. An out of commission Royal Irish Constabulary barracks – now a heritage centre, was originally designed and constructed between 1869 and 1871. It provides services such as a restaurant and a tourist information point. The building also hosts craft workshops, an audio-visual display and display of archaeological remains. For more see the link below.