The old Barracks in Cahersiveen is now open to the public after being successully refurbished by Evans and Kelliher Construction. An out of commission Royal Irish Constabulary barracks – now a heritage centre, was originally designed and constructed between 1869 and 1871. It provides services such as a restaurant and a tourist information point. The building also hosts craft workshops, an audio-visual display and display of archaeological remains. For more see the link below.